So... My brother is gonna order a Bass Amp + Cab.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
He's considering MESA for his purchase since I already use a Mark IV and we like it very much.

For now he has his eyes on the Big Block 750.

We play rock/metal. Will this be a good choice?

One of the things that influenced this choice (besides the high wattage of course) was the tube overdrive...

About cabs...

It needs to be a small, very portable cab because this will be bought on a trip to the US and brought back with us on a plane.

He's thinking of getting a 1x15 only, and maybe getting some other brand of 10s here to compliment it... Is that a smart move or should he get some 10s from MESA and forget the 15?

Any input is welcome, thanks.

Also, does anyone have pics of the BB750 and TITAN v12? Both heads and rackmount versions please.

Hey, I got a power block 750 with an older mesa 610 cabinet (the one that does not have the tilt back skate wheels on the back). I mostly play rock and my last setup was a SVT pre, crown power amp and SVT 810 cabinet. What sold me on the 750 was the distortion and it was much lighter than my previous rig.

It was not until I played it the first night with my band that I really appreciated it. I've got to say that it sounds killer and everyone in the band agrees. Much tighter bass and just a great overall tone. And the distortion, man, it kicks. I don't miss my previous rig one bit. I really wish I would have got this years ago.

It sounds as loud as and many times better than my svt/crown/810 setup. And my crown had well over 1000 watts bridged. I don't think you can go wrong.

I don't think I would like a 1-15 cabinet but for portability, it makes more sense. The 610 is still a beast to move.

BTW, if you are still looking for photos, I can take a pic of mine or you can head to the mesa website:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/bigblock/bigblock.htm

-John[/url]

Thanks for the review! It really helps!

Those pics on the mb site are from the rackmount version right?

Cuz that doesn't look like a head to me (not very similar to what a mb guitar amp head would look like... but maybe I'm just wrong hehe)

Just an update to the thread... My brother is now willing to spend the extra cash and get the TITAN V12 instead of the 750.

if you do go for the titan, just be warned that it uses 22 tubes for power. very expensive to retube the thing

The Titan uses 12AX7's in the preamp stages only. The power stage is driven from MosFets. Preamp tubes cheap ... power amp tubes 'spensive. I paid about $20 for a Mesa 12AX7 last time around IIRC.

yes that is what i meant ;) in the power stage, it uses 22 mosfets

Latest posts

Back