So, I sold my Mesa/Boogies...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
...and bought an ENGL Savage 120. Hands down the best sounding amp I've ever played through.

IMAG0038.jpg

I heard those can sound pretty brutal. If I were so inclined I would do the same thing. I am pretty happy with my amps right now though. I could see an engl down the road though but I think I will wait until prices fall some more an just buy outright...

thanks man. here's another one i just recorded. i did this at 4 in morning so i had it turned down pretty low, but i was able to get a pretty recto-ish tone like the original recording. it's almost scary how many different sounds you can get out of this thing.

http://media.putfile.com/fix-71

Cool riffs man. Especially the second one, literally blew me away. 8)

Nice tones too.
I'd like to hear them in a *real* mix, with drums and bass. The perception of a guitar tone may vary alot when playing with a band rather than when you hear them alone.

Great work anyway!

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the clips! I like the second one also.

screamingdaisy said:
Cool. 8)

I can see why you went for a tighter amp. The Recto sag would've killed that second riff IMO.

I agree!

That is a killer sounding amp you got there. Nice chops too! 8)

your clips always amaze me man. you seriously have an ability that needs to be heard...i followed your myspace band thing a lil..saw you broke up. the songs were OK. i saw lots of potential for future songs more than anything....keep it up.

thanks man, that means a lot. i was never crazy about my old band, but things started to take off so i stuck with it. the songs flat out sucked though :)

lol you said it not I...i was more "polite" about it. but seriously tho the guitar parts were good. some of the vocal melodies were questionable IMO tho, now that were being a little honest.

haha, it doesn't hurt my feelings any man. i'd walk into practice with the music written for a song, and then it always got ripped apart and dumbed down. a song that had 11 different parts ended up having 4. it drove me nuts.

I've heard various Nitro clip over the years and have always been impressed....not just by the playing, but by the creative musicality of the riffs. You have a gift dude, you just need to find some guys that'll share a common vision with you.

Latest posts

Back