Smoothing out/tightening up Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoG said:
xT00BZRG00Dx said:
Thanks alot for your help!!! I'll try that. And BTW, i'm using EMG's. What 1x12 cab should I get?

No worries. Again, if you are just going at bedroomish volumes it probably doesn't really matter a whole lot. Differences between cab types and speaker types just won't be as big a deal at the low volumes. You *probably* want a closed-back one if you have a choice. Just watch your local craigslist or whatever and buy a used one. Avatar 1x12s are pretty common used, I have had a couple and they're good.

Big thing to remember overall is that you WON'T be able to use the same settings at bedroom volume into a 1x12 and at, like, band volume into a 4x12, and have it sound at all the same, you'll have to dial the amp in differently in each situation.
Thanks man!! I was thinking of buying an unloaded Avatar and putting an eminence Legend in it. My Mark III is great, I can completley nail a Petrucci tone with i. I hear the Red Stripe (the one I have) is closest to the IIC+. Is that just a rumor? No matter, it sounds good either way. Thanks for your help!

Watch out how close you put your cab to the wall....also where you stand in front of the speakers can really change the sound.

Sounds to me like you need better tubes.

****, my tone is sexy at low volumes, but then pst 2, it sounds like **** and I can't get a good tone out of it. Maybe I should retube it with JJ's.
^^^^
Did you listen to my clip?

Latest posts

Back