small mesa combo for blues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doom

Reaction score
looking for a small combo for blues and jazz stuff. does mesa make anything is friendly for lower volume stuff? i play small places so somewhere between 10-25w should be plenty.

You might try looking at an F-30 (EL84s class A/B) or an F-50 (6L6's class A/B maybe a little big but nice clean), Or a Lone Star Special (EL84s class A). They are 30, 50, and 30 watters respectively. The F series are 1x12 combos and the LSS can also be a 1x12 combo. The LSS also has switchable output to 5/15/30 watts. I'd love to have a Lone Star myself some day. I currently have an F-50.

Hands down, LSS... :wink:
The F30 is awesome sounding, but the LSS is a blues machine, and the cleans are phenominal.. The reverb is the **** as well.
I can't imagine a better fit for what you described, especially if you play a strat..... 8)
ax. :twisted:

The 15 - 38W Blue Angel is a great non master volume Mesa amp for classic blues and rock with great cleans. I have a 4x10 combo, but it came as a head and in 1x12 too. It has one of the lushest reverbs out there.

It's not your stereotypical modern Mesa high-gain metal machine. You can pick these up from folks here and eBay in the $750-$950 range. See the Blue Angel appreciation thread in these forums for more info.

another vote for the blue angel. if you play blues, jazz, or low gain rock, this thing is IT. lss can't touch it for cleans, reverb, or just old school 6v6 tone.

yes! a blue angel. sorry guys the lss is a great amps and has a wonderful clean sound, and features to match. but the blue angel is just dreamy esp. with the four 10s.

Back