Small cab for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diecidue

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a small practice amp for band practices. My current amps are a Roadster head with a 2 12 cab and a Lonestar. I also have a line 6 podxt at my disposal. Lugging those mesa's around for practice is a little much. So, I was thinking about picking up a Line6 Spider III for practice situations. Believe me, I am no fan of modeling or the tones of this amp. However, I thought it would be a nice compact amp for practice. Then I thought, what if I just pick up a small 1 12 cab for the
Roadster. It might server for lighting my load for practice and for gigs.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I primary play classical and alternative rock and blues styles. I was hoping to keep my expense to around $300.

The 1X12 Roadster cab would be a good option if you want to use the Roadster head for pratice.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/RoadsterCabs/Roadster1x12-LG.htm

It's $420, a little above your budget, and weighs in at 40lbs. For that $$ you could get a small (used) combo.

I was thinking the same. I use a Recto 4X12 with the band, and a Behringer V-amp pro w/ headphones at home to pratice. I wouldn't mind just taking home the head, and having the 1X12 at home (with my Hotplate) to pratice. Right now $400 is a little too steep for me as well.

Dom

Back