Slaving Single Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnyC

Reaction score
Acquired an EL-34 loaded 50 watt JCM 900 recently. Wondered if anybody has had good results with slaving out. I could run it in to the return of the loop on the Marshall or the input I suppose. Currently the El-34 loaded Boogie is running into G-flex 2 X 12 and the Marshall rides with a lead 1936 2 x 12 w/ Celestion 75's. I also thought about the pan pedal thing (or a switcher) with one amp set up for effects and the other basically dry, but having all those tubes going is making me salivate. It could just be a noisy waste of time too..I dunno. Anybody had any experience with something like this? I thought also if it works out to falling back to 6l6's on the rec to have the best of 2 worlds?
Thanks
Shawn

I run a Single Rec and a 900 SL-X in stereo with good results. I may have tried the slaving thing years ago, not sure. I do remember running the FX send of the recto into the return of the 900 and it sounded okay, but nothing great. I think the best approach is to use each amps preamp and poweramp to get a more varied stereo tone rather than clone the recto preamp and run it on one side through the Marshall power amp.

I use the Radial Switchbone to split my signal and compensate for phase and grounding issues. It's an active splitter box and works well for running two amps at the same time. They have a new pedal out called the "Bones Twin City" which is another active splitter. It's similar to the Switchbone, except it lacks the gain and mid boost features the Switchbone offers. I also find the Switchbone smooths out my tone a bit and removes little squeaks and weird string sounds the tubes seem to amplify under high gain, especially with the Marshall. I think it improves the feel and tone of the amps.

Thanks for the info. I'll tinker with it tomm. evening. I may do the switching thing via the Tonebone. The Bones Model switcher looks slick and takes up less pedal board space. I like the Radial stuff, I run a loop bone on my board and am happy with the London dist. pedal I got a few weeks back. I may run the switcher on my back line if it wont fit on my board. Thanks again.
Shawn

Back