slaving DC3 / MKIV and speaker question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geenads

Reaction score
I just got a MKIV short head and a theile cab (1X12 EV). While trying to tweak the MKIV i played a couple of gigs using my DC3 combo with the Theile cab. What a huge sound!! The DC is a great sounding amp and i got it dialed in right. I'm thinking maybe I don't need the MKIV head. But anyway.. here is the question. Can i use my DC3 combo as an extra speaker cab for the MK IV.. (using it unpowered and a male/female adapter 1/4 jack to the speaker)?? Could I use my DC3 to slave out to the MKIV effects in .... and would i want to do that anyway??
thanks.

something really cool you could do if you want to travel with two amps is run a 100 percent wet rig, and a dry rig, but besides that you could run the dc3 effects send into the mk 4 effects return, and assuming the dc3 speaker is not hardwired to the amp (dont think any boogie ever had this setup) you could use it as another speaker, you would need an "extension cable" probably, so it would be a female to male quarter inch speaker cable, that should work fine

That's an idea but I would probably need another speaker cab. if i run both wet...and use the my powered DC3 effects out into the Dry MKIV and use the MKIV out to both the Theile cab and the DC3 combo speaker, i won't have a load on my speaker out on the DC... I would fry the transformer. hmmm.... any other thoughts??

geenads said:
That's an idea but I would probably need another speaker cab. if i run both wet...and use the my powered DC3 effects out into the Dry MKIV and use the MKIV out to both the Theile cab and the DC3 combo speaker, i won't have a load on my speaker out on the DC... I would fry the transformer. hmmm.... any other thoughts??

Couldn't you use the silent recording button on the DC? I suspect I might have misunderstood, though...

Latest posts

Back