Slave out question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrd said:
There's something about the recording out jack that sounds and feels different, but maybe someone can chime in exactly why that is. There has to be a difference, otherwise why would it be there...

:) I can speak to that. I have seen the recording circuit PCB assembly from a formula pre. It's basically a couple transformers and some transistors, and of course resistors and capacitors (it's been a while, so I may be wrong), but it's mostly 2 transformers (each would fit inside a golf ball) that give the output some mojo similar to the way a speaker responds as far as impedence spikes at certain frequencies and resonances, and high roll-off at around 5kHz.

My question concerned the idea of plugging a slave out to a recording interface. I thought the slave out was a much hotter pre-amp level signal, and not off the OT, but from the pre-amp section. I'm sure there are many circuit designs capable of slavery but I'm not a Boogie tech, so I don't know how they did it on the amp.

O==00==O said:
mrd said:
There's something about the recording out jack that sounds and feels different, but maybe someone can chime in exactly why that is. There has to be a difference, otherwise why would it be there...

:) I can speak to that. I have seen the recording circuit PCB assembly from a formula pre. It's basically a couple transformers and some transistors, and of course resistors and capacitors (it's been a while, so I may be wrong), but it's mostly 2 transformers (each would fit inside a golf ball) that give the output some mojo similar to the way a speaker responds as far as impedence spikes at certain frequencies and resonances, and high roll-off at around 5kHz.

My question concerned the idea of plugging a slave out to a recording interface. I thought the slave out was a much hotter pre-amp level signal, and not off the OT, but from the pre-amp section. I'm sure there are many circuit designs capable of slavery but I'm not a Boogie tech, so I don't know how they did it on the amp.

You could plug in the slave out to a recording interface, just make sure the volume knob for the slave out isn't set too high. It gets hot very fast... I would say somewhere around 2-3 should give you enough of a signal.

Latest posts

Back