Skinned Alive 2! (Bigger Prey)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gts

Reaction score
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples
Ah yes version 2 of the original saga "Skinned Alive".

Enjoy! :wink:

How it started

Roberts4x12-01_resize.jpg

Skinned
Roberts4x12retolex-16_resize.jpg

Skinned
Roberts4x12retolex-17a_resize.jpg

And here after being Sanded, Painted, Filled etc, it got a New Skin (and new corners).
Aka Brought Back to Life!

RobertsSnakeskin4x12andShorthead03_resize.jpg

Back side
RobertsSnakeskin4x12andShorthead11_resize.jpg

With it's Little Brother sitting on top
RobertsSnakeskin4x12andShorthead16_resize.jpg

Monsta-Tone said:
Nice!
Did that thing get shipped just like that? Crazy!
:lol: Guess the UPS guy didn't need a new cabinet! :lol: I would have been tempted to take it home.
Yeah isn't that crazy Andy.
Sender just stuck the Fedex (or UPS) address label on it and sent it with no packaging!

Boogiebabies said:
THAT IS SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal job on that G. :D

Thanks BB. :D

That is nice ... :p

... but remember, I think Soldano was the first to use snake skin if I'm not mistaken. Then Randall.

RR said:

... but remember, I think Soldano was the first to use snake skin if I'm not mistaken. Then Randall.
I'm not entirely sure that's correct. The very first Mark I (if my sources are valid) was a 1x12 snakeskin combo in 1969 and IIRC soldano wasn't founded until the 80's.

rocknroll9225 said:
RR said:

I'm not entirely sure that's correct. The very first Mark I (if my sources are valid) was a 1x12 snakeskin combo in 1969 and IIRC soldano wasn't founded until the 80's.
:oops: You're correct. My Bad. In 1977 when I order my first brochure from MESA Boogie because at that time you could not purchase Boogies at any retail, you had to order from them, they had picture of an early Boogie in snakeskin. The sides were lined in white.

I'll try to scan pictures.

RR said:
rocknroll9225 said:
RR said:

:oops: You're correct. My Bad. In 1977 when I order my first brochure from MESA Boogie because at that time you could not purchase Boogies at any retail, you had to order from them, they had picture of an early Boogie in snakeskin. The sides were lined in white.

I'll try to scan pictures.

Hijacking my own thread ;-)
This Mark I snakeskin one was ebay recently:

Mk1-1.jpg

Mk1-11.jpg

dodger916 said:
gts said:
Yeah isn't that crazy Andy.
Sender just stuck the Fedex (or UPS) address label on it and sent it with no packaging!
:shock:

George: Are you using the same packaging to return the finished product? :lol:
Good one Frank! :lol:

dodger916 said:
I've never been a fan of snakeskin, but those units are truly eye-catching.
Yes they truly are eye catching.

I recently made a new headshell for someone on the board using a different colored snakeskin.
That one was very cool and eye catching as well.
I'll post some pics at some point but the new owner may beat me to it.
He got the headshell yesterday. The color really is a stunner!

Back