six string vs seven string

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bermuda_

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if you tuned a six string down to b standard would it be

just as low as a seven string guitar tuned to that tuning

or would the seven string be still slightly lower than the six string in that tuning cheers:)

it is the same!!! a B tuning is B tuning.

I prefer the 6 th string tuned to B but a 7string might get a better intonation

the 6 string wil have loose floppy strings unless you get a thicker guage. usually when you tune a 6 string down that low you want a longer scale length (not necessary though). 7 strings wont allow you to make a standard E bar chord from the B string though (as the intervals between strings is different) all in all.. B is B.. E is E

Soilwork and In Flames tune to B standard with no problems. It's definitely do-able.

dmcguitar said:
7 strings wont allow you to make a standard E bar chord from the B string though (as the intervals between strings is different) all in all.. B is B.. E is E

umm, what? there is only one interval difference between strings on a 7string, just like on a 6. you can use the same fingering for power chords on the low b and e strings on a 7string. the interval between the low b and low e are the same as they are between the high b and high e strings. the only strings with a different interval is between the g and b string, and a 7 string only has 1 g string just like 6 string guitars.

or did i read your post wrong?

Latest posts

Back