single vs dual2ch vs dual3ch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppa

Reaction score
How does a single rec compare with the above mentioned amps?.

My favorite band right now use a 3ch dual or triple(I can't tell for sure which)

I have single rec right now, just wondering how different are the voicings of the dirty channels?. wattage/volume is irrelevant to me because I load all my amps and run them direct through a cab sim however price is an issue which is why I got the single.

Also ebay and online anything is not an option I can only get my stuff locally so I go by local prices. a single where I live is about 1500 and a dual about 2000.

here s a clip of what Im after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVmVB5nwr04

that really deep rythm sound...

to me it sounds like the bass on my amp is voiced differently its like there is TONS of low mids but it never reaches as low as what this guy gets. ofcourse I can probably just get an eq.

ofcourse I could probably just get an axefx and loose the recto, the load box and the speaker sim all together. :twisted: I dunno

It sounds like you're going to have to get an EQ if you don't already have one. He's got his mids scooped drastically, maybe with a parametric eq setting the band a little on the wide side. I'm gonna guess around 900 to 1.5K?? ... maybe even a little higher than that

To my ears, the single has a noticeably tighter bass response and a fizzier high end. The 3 channel dual has the best tone and circuit design by far.

I would agree with the single having the tightest bass response, but my experience with the top end has been the opposite. I've found the duals and triples to be way fizzier than the single for some reason...

Brent
bgroupmusic.com

A dual 2ch from the 90's is the best of the lot. But his tone can be easily gotten with any Rectifier in my opinion. He's got the standard recto tone...

What are your settings, cab, and guitar?

I have a Single Rec, and bought a 2 channel Dual afterwards. Let's just say the Single doesn't get much use anymore. I haven't A/B'd them, but as soon as I plugged the Dual in I knew it was better.

Exactly the opposite experience for me stadidas!! Single all the way... It's crazy how differently we all hear the same things!!

hey my set up is like this I have a gibson BFG>recto>spl transducer>mixer>monitors.

I usualy play along to my cds and stuff so my setting for myself to get heard are like:
red channel
output:12:00
presece:5:00
bass:9:00
mids:1:00
treble:5:00
gain:12:00
vintage or modern

As for the spl here is some info on it:
http://www.soundperformancelab.com/index.php?id=53&L=1

my treble and presece setting may look extreme but the spl is to my ears is quite dark and really tight the way I have it set

here is a recording through the spl of my tone:

www.myspace.com/romansidorov

so you can hear what I mean there is enough bass just not such low bass.

What about getting an emg81 and turning the bass up some?.

coppa said:
so you can hear what I mean there is enough bass just not such low bass.

It probably has less to do with the guitar amp, and more with the presence of a bass guitar. If you listen to the pre-chorus where the bass is playing fills over the guitar, you'll notice that the guitar sounds a LOT less bassy.

Latest posts

Back