Single Recto FX Loop Prob

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordofthethighs

Reaction score
First off, this is my first post on the BoogieBoard.
I've been hanging for a while, but finally
registered.

Anywhoooo, I picked up a used Single Recto 50
watter, and LOVE it. But my prob is, when I run
my DOD digital delay, thru the FX loop, as the
note begins to decay, the note kinda starts to fizz
out, instead of naturally fade. Even with the
delay pedal off, it happens.

I've tried adjusting the mix knob on the back off
the amp. Maybe the FX tube could be going out?
Or is this simply a known characteristic off the
Mesa FX loop?

Thanks for any help. 8)

yea try changing v4 for now,,ive had luck with a jjecc83s. I used to have an Electro Harmonix 12ax7 in there before and it seemed to cause more humming,,thumping sounds when using the effects loop. I also thought the EH tubes created a lot of feedback in v1,,,maybe due to higher gain?? I currently use effects right now that worked fine in the loop from the get go, so who knows if trying a different tube will help or not.
I always keep the mix knob on max.
The only prob I had with the single recs effects loop was with a few different pedals I owned,,,these pedals all had some sort of bass boost.
Whenever I engaged the boost I would get a horrible thumping sound out of it. A past EQ I ran inthe loop did the same when I raised the bass sliders too high. The only pedal that I use with it that still creates the thumping problem is the boss GE-7. If I slide the volume level slider up too much I get the thumping. I believe what happens is the pedal overloads the effects loop circuit....My best guess.
Anyways I kept the ge-7 because there is no need to run the volume level up that high and it works great otherwise

Latest posts

Back