Single Rectifier White Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
Hey guys. Is it normal to get alot of white noise when you have the head cranked a good amount. When I flip to standby the noise goes completely away of course. Its not anything thats bothering me too much, but just wanted to know if this is normal.

What do you mean white noise? It might just be something your pickups are, picking up. Happens me, when i stand near a TV, or some types of lights will do it.

Yes,

White noise is kinda of like white light. White light is made up of every color of the spectrum. White noise is made up of every frequency in the electromagnetic spectrum.

You cannot totally eliminate noise, even by filtering(even if the filter is ideal), because you can't eliminate the noise that is at the same frequency as your audio. You can help prevent noise with well shielded cables and by using a power conditioner though.

So yes there will always be a little noise no matter what you do, it will be even more noticable when you crank the amp, because you are amplifying that base noise.

Single coil pickups are usually a little more noisey than humbucklers, but not always.

Back