Single Rectifier Solo 50 Head - This is GOOD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el34sg

Reaction score
After 12 years I'm back to a Mesa Single Rectifier. I've owned many Mesa amps besides my first Rectoverb in 2002.
DC-5, Heartbreaker, F50, Electradyne etc.. I recently revisited some recordings I did with the Rectoverb.
They are the only recordings of the past 15 years that I don't question my tone. All tracks sound good
& wouldn't change anything to do with the tone.. I had a wild hair and sold the Rectoverb for a Bluesbreaker.
Also a great amp.. Fast forward thru every boutique amp you can imagine running thru
my various 2x12 cabs and still never remotely satisfied. I had a Prosonic that I really liked. My Fargen Olde 800, Dr Z 6545,
and everything else lasted a few months.. There have been dozens of amps, easily over 50.
I picked up a Single 50 Rectifier Head and I feel like I'm at home with my tone again. I always fought the 2 channel amp thing, bigtime.
Not anymore.. Single Recto's aren't for everyone. It's definitely the one Mesa I can dial in. The Head is
perfect since I have never used Reverb. That old Rectoverb ended a tone quest that had no end in sight without knowing.
Enter the Single Rectifier & I'm done searching for tone. Thanks Mesa & I hope this long winded rant helps someone out there..!

Latest posts

Back