Single rectifier raw mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe1096

Reaction score
I was wondering how many gain stages the raw mode on the rectifier series was since that mode is a lot less gain than the vintage or modern mode. Just a curiosity of mine.

Hey Joe,

Good question. I have a single rec head also but mine is an old V1 and doesn't sport the Raw mode. I don't know the answer, but if you're taking bets, put me down for two bucks on "2 gain stages". Something else I wonder about is whether chan 2 uses four stages in vintage AND modern, or three in vintage and four in modern.

Not to be nosy, but why do you want to know? Planning some mods? Have you ever thrown Yellowjackets in it and tried it with EL84s? Ever throw a Bottle Rocket or other OD in front of it? Did you like it? What time is it? Is there any pie left? What time does Zorro come on? :shock:

I like the single rec head. I use it through a Road King 4x12 cab when I do heavy rock and metal rhythm parts. It'll pop light bulbs.

M

It was just a curiosity to know more about the inner-workings of the amp. I haven't used yellowjackets but I am using 6v6 valves in it right now and it sounds pretty sweet.

I never tried 6V6s. I need to do that. Does your version have a bias switch for that? Mine does not.

Now about that pie...

M

Mine has an EL34/6L6 bias switch but I just ordered 6v6s from thetubestore.com and they gave me the right grade of tubes that I can run in the 6L6 mode.

joe1096 said:
I was wondering how many gain stages the raw mode on the rectifier series was since that mode is a lot less gain than the vintage or modern mode. Just a curiosity of mine.

Vintage/Modern/Raw all share the same number of gain stages. Only on Raw mode, the voicing/frequency filtering is drastically different compared to the other modes, and the amount of negative poweramp feedback is at it's maximum compared to the other modes (Modern strips all the negative feedback, and so brings increased sensitivity and beastli-ness)

Back