Single Rectifier and Boss GT-10 anyone had experience ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezfreak777

Reaction score
Im trying to setup my boss gt10 with my rectifier. I am running in 4cm setup, and have a jack running from the Amp control on the Boss to the ext switcher jacks at the back...

I am currently able to switch channels on the mesa via the boss, but cant get the mesa to take control of the sound.. All i get is the channel changing, but the sound is still comming from the boss..

if anyone has had this combo of equipment and got it to work.. please let me know..

Cheers !!

hi there - I think you will need to mod your FX loop to go series if you want to use
it 4 cable method with the single rectoverb, unless you have a Kill dry option on the
GT 10 or a switchable output level.

I had to do this mod on my rectoverb combo to use my line 6 m13 as the parallel
loop was creating this weird out of phase feedback with time based effects
eg delay.

I have a pic of the mod if you need , cheers Simon

Hi, thanks for your response..

yep I recently did the mod and its all working fine....

My main issue was getting the boss gt-10 to switch channels on my rectifier.. which thankfully I got working only just yesterday.. took me a week of figuring out, but I got it all working..

So I can do away with the mesa footswitch and just use the Boss in 4cm and switch the channels on my mesa.. too bloody awesome .. :)

Cheers !!

awesome stuff - glad to hear that the series mod worked for you as
well as I only got my rectoverb 50 combo a few days ago and did
the mod. Why don't boogie offer a series switch for the loop ? seems
crazy to me !

How do you find the GT 10 with the recto ? sound good ?

Si

Hi...
yeah Mesa have their reasons for the parallel loop, but I dont know what that is..

It is in essence 1990 technology in an amp, so I guess you cant compare it with todays amps..

The Boss Gt-10 sounds really good to me. and great to use on stage, with its big bright lights and easy to read text etc... I only really use delay for solos.. but because it has a built in Volume/Wah pedal, thats one less thing I have to think about.. plus so many effects that I can use on top of my mesa's stunning tone, that it works for me.. I have only just started creating patches.. So hopefully I will have a whole bunch of stuff to play with...in the future..

For me its all about practicality.. Then i have more time to just play the guitar and less about setting up or fiddling with effects etc.. If I cant be bothered taking my amp to practise I can just take the Boss and plug straight into the PA.. cant think of anything easier...

Next stage is for me to use the GT-10 to give the gain on my amp that extra bite/crunch... then i will be in shred Heaven :p

sounds good, I can highly recommend a maxon overdrive for boosting and
tightening the lead channel if you need. I have a maxon vop 9 and it
works really well. I presume some kind of tube screamer model on the gt 10
would have a similar effect !

Si

sidthekidlives said:
sounds good, I can highly recommend a maxon overdrive for boosting and
tightening the lead channel if you need. I have a maxon vop 9 and it
works really well. I presume some kind of tube screamer model on the gt 10
would have a similar effect !

Si

Yeah there are heaps of different pedal simulations on the GT-10 so hopefully i can get it to work the same as if I was to put a real pedal in front..

Latest posts

Back