Single Rec 2 x 12 speaker suggs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnyC

Reaction score
Been playing through single rec 50 watt solo head and a marshall 2 x 12 1936 lead cab loaded with stock Gt-75's (16 ohm mono) via 8 ohm out of the head. Anybody here have suggestions on replacement speakers with this rig? Most gigging situations the cab is mic'd with a 57.
I may also purchase an attenuator but wanted to swap the speakers out first. Axe wise i'm running LP standards one loaded with Pearly Gates kneck/bridge and the other EMG 81/85. The music is contemp Christian rock-orig's.
Ideally I'd like to just swap the speakers and keep the cab as it is road cased up.
Luv the rig so far but had an itch to go for a better performing speaker. I'd be purchasing the speakers and having a local shop do the install. I do not own a soldering iron or have the knowledge in Ohms Law to be doing my own replacement.
Any help would be great! :p

Rectifieres were designed around the V30 platform. I own two Rectifier cabs(4x12 slant and 2x12) loaded with V30's and love them. I found them to be a well balanced speaker between clean/hi gain sounds. I had a 1936 cab for about 4 days before I took it back. The G12T-75 are just not my cup of tea. The Rectifier cab and the 1936 are different contruction and dimensions so this could effect the tone of the speaker.

Back