Single coil Strat rewired for humbucking tone: a question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytse_jam

Reaction score
Hi, I've just rewired my Fender Stratocaster in order to have the bridge and middle single coil pickups connected in series rather than in parallel (as you find it stock with position 2 of 5 of the pickup selector). So, basically, It's like having a humbucker composed by the two (bridge and middle) single coils. Obviously it doesn't sound exactly like a real humbucker, firstly because the two coils were designed to be 'standalone' pickups, and then because the two coils pick up the string vibration in a different way since they're placed in different positions.

So, what I did was connecting the bridge pickup negative pole (put to ground in the stock configuration) to the middle pickup positive pole.

BRIDGE>>>MIDDLE>>>GROUND
^^^
signal sent to the guitar 'output circuitry' (pots/caps) is taken from the bridge pickup positive pole.

So, my question is does anyone know if the resulting guitar tone would have changed if I inverted the order of the pickups (middle>>>bridge>>>ground)?
Thanks a lot

Latest posts

Back