Simul-Satellite questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avoelp

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding a Simul-Satellite that I've just bought on eBay:

- I've noticed that there are two phone plug connectors on the bottom side of the amp, between the input transformers and the power tubes. One of them is for a remote switch of the EQ - but what is the other one good for?

- I’ve bought the SS mainly as an add-on to my Mark-IV, for going stereo. With the Mark-IV I use a Midi switcher for changing between Class A and Simul Class operation in order to make lead sounds stand out when needed. Is it possible to assign the SS’s power amp mode switching to an external switch so that I can change the power amp mode of the Mark-IV and the SS simultaneously using the Midi switcher? Would it be feasible to simply attach the SS’s Class A/Simul Class switch to an external connector, or do I have to use a relay? Has anybody out there got experience with this mod?

I will have to check on mine. Does it have a reverb tank? I think the second one is probably either for reverb tank or the pull boost. But don't hold me to that. I will try to dig up the limited docs I have on it.

No reverb tank (I think there weren't any Simul-Satellites with reverb), and the connector for the boost footswitch is on the front panel below the input - so the second connector on the bottom must be something else ...

I'd like to know as well... not sure what it is, maybe an additional place for the lead switch? might also be an input from a mark IV for slave?

I have sent them a fax (I couldn't find a support email address on their web site) five days ago and got no reply yet. Hope they haven't forgotten me?!

I could not find one ether...

If you try a few more times and do not get threw....
Send me a PM here and I well give a call.
I am not to far from them.

but I would give them a other week and a few more tries.

Call the main number and talk to Mike B. Leave him a message, he will always get back to you, usually within a day or so. ext 329?

I talked with them today .....
The first jack is for the EQ the second is so you can change it with the foot pedal on the IV.
Not all IV's have this feature (I believe A's do not).
Look at the "B" manual.

They told me they do not do tech Q on the web ....
That is phone only .... so they were waiting for your call.

Thanks a lot, Stephen!

stephen sawall said:
I talked with them today .....
The first jack is for the EQ the second is so you can change it with the foot pedal on the IV.
Just for clarification: You use one jack (the one next to the input transformer) for hooking up the Mk-IV's Satellite EQ switching feature, and the other one (the one next to the power tubes) for connecting a standard EQ footswitch. Right?

stephen sawall said:
They told me they do not do tech Q on the web ....
That is phone only .... so they were waiting for your call.
Why then do they provide a support fax number :?:

I well give a "I do not know" on both.
Just plug a pedal in there and see what she does ....
Hope that gets you there.

I took from talking with them that it was not needed on a MARK IV A.
One of them that is.

It was good for me I talked a bit about the V a few other things well I hads them on the phone.
:idea: :arrow: :?: :mrgreen:

... it is like I said - one jack is for a standard on/off footswitch and the other one is for linking the Satellite EQ to the Mk-IV's Satellite EQ remote control jack. I just tried it out.

BTW: According to the schematics of the Simul Class power amp stage the Class A / Simul Class switch simply shuts the cathodes of the middle two power tubes to ground and thus deactivates them. With the Simul Satellite it is therefore also possible to connect the lead from this switch to a jack so that you can change between Class A / Simul Class operation using an external footswitch or a MIDI switcher. I tried this out as well and it works without any problems. The Mk-IV has this jack already built in.

I know this is an older topic, but I thought I'd update it with the info from my Simul-Sat for future folks searching.

Here's the label that should be on the jacks on the Satellite.
The left one is for a standard switch pedal.
The right one connects to the jack on the MKIV.

Simul-Sat%20EQ%20Jacks.jpg

Latest posts

Back