"Simple Simon" new tune!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dig the tones

how are you capturing them?

this is a pretty ambitious tune...

i gotta say, i really dig the ferryman tune...
vox reminds me a bit of a more laid back glenn hughes

gonzo said:
dig the tones

how are you capturing them?

this is a pretty ambitious tune...

i gotta say, i really dig the ferryman tune...
vox reminds me a bit of a more laid back glenn hughes

hey thanks a bunch gonzo....I appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to listen.

the tones for "simple simon" were captured via my Mark V with it on channel 3 in the Mark 4 mode. gain about 60%....no pedals, straight guitar and amp.

Guitar used was a PRS custom 22.

Cab is a Mesa oversized rectifier cab loaded with V30's. Cab sits in the room with me so the volume was probably very low compared to the volume most folks would record at...it's safe to safe it was no louder than room volume.

Mic for "Simple Simon" was a Shure sm7b, running into a UAD Apollo interface. If you are familiar with the Apollo, then you know you can actually track with plug-ins and "print" with them......so as the signal was going into my computer I printed with a API Vision Channel strip plug in basically just "on" to add some mojo and I also used a UAD Studer 800 tape machine emulator plug-in for more analog mojo. very light reverb on a tight plate provided by the EMT-140 plate plug-in.

Logic X is my DAW running on a MacBook Pro.

As for the guitars on the "Ferryman"......done in a similar fashion except the main mic of choice was a Shure Beta 57a.....amp, cab and guitar was the same as "Simon".

and I cant thank you enough for the kind words about the vox on Ferryman.....I will take ANY comparison at all that has anything to do with Glenn Hughes!!!!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back