Signal Splitting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
So, after saving for a long time - Im ready to start buying the pieces that will make up my rig. I just recieved my V30 avatar loaded cab, and im ready to start setting up my tone - Mark 4 and Single rec at the same time. For the time being I was considering going to Radioshack and buying a 1/4 jack male to 2 female split, and was wondering if there would be any major tone loss using that, and 2 short cables for inputs on the two heads.

Im assuming I would have to turn the volume up a bit from the regular levels, but should i worry about losing mids/highs/bass? Can i get a good demonstration of what the tone will be like with a good splitter?

And finally what splitters should I consider and why? I plan on using the Voodoo labs GCX channel switcher - for channel duty, it can also split the signal, but is that the best option?

Thanks for all your help. Im sorry if the question is long and poorly written, but any help you guys can give me would be great!

Cheers
Matt

The best way to feed two heads is with an active splitter. This will prevent tone loss from the capacitance of two cables in parallel and will prevent ground loops. Note that cheap A-B-Y passive boxes are not the best way to go -- the sound sucks and you often get bad hum.

One of the best active switchers is the Framptone Amp switcher

http://www.frampton.com/switcher.html

ToneBone makes one as well.

If you like MIDI control, check out the Lehle D.loop.

Chris

Latest posts

Back