SIDE ARMOR DIAMOND PLATE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnawingOnRaw

Reaction score
I have a 412 Mesa Slant Rectifier cab. I was wondering about these side armor diamond plates, I have seen quite a few on ebay recently.
What would I need to install these plates all around the cab's tolex? Just get some, cut in appropriate pieces and then glue??

I was thinking of doing the same thing as I work with sheet metal and have the machinery needed to cut and fold the Diamond Plate (or chequer plate as we call it in Australia) but I was thinking of screwing it on rather than gluing.
All in all it would look pretty good I reckon.

www.myspace.com/kamikazekits

www.myspace.com/rocks1977

I was thinking of doing the same thing as I work with sheet metal and have the machinery needed to cut and fold the Diamond Plate

What kind of machinery do you need for cutting and folding? Can't do it with scissors? I wouldn't think they're that tough so they can't be folded, huh?

treadplate said:
I'm talking about using polished aluminum like on the face plate.
polished aluminum like?
No!

We're talking side armors, my man. Diamond plates.

Me too. I'm talking about using sheets of polished aluminum Diamond plate as is used on the faceplate but putting it on the cabinet sides.

treadplate said:
Me too. I'm talking about using sheets of polished aluminum Diamond plate as is used on the faceplate but putting it on the cabinet sides.

Oh, cool. But tell me, what kind of machinery would I need?

A CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Turret punch and a Promecam folding press. I don't know about other companies but I've seen pictures of Marshall amps being constructed and they use a CNC machine to fabricate their metal components.

treadplate said:
A CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Turret punch and a Promecam folding press. I don't know about other companies but I've seen pictures of Marshall amps being constructed and they use a CNC machine to fabricate their metal components.
:lol: Forget it! Here's what I'm gonna do. Buy some plates. Cut 'em and then pour some glue, or make some holes with the dremel tool then screw 'em to the tolex area. I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back