Shredding into a Lone Star?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Nachman

Reaction score
So, I've been feeling the itch to relive my jr. high/high school days and pick up an 80s-style shredder guitar. However, as my tastes have changed through the years, so have my amps, and currently all I have is my LSS 1x12 combo. Right now, I'm playing Les Paul and Strat-style guitars through it with great results.

For higher gain stuff, I run a Tonebone Hot British into the clean channel, and it gets more than passable Marshall tones (to my ears). But I'm wondering how a typical shredder guitar might sound through it. Probably great with the tonebone, but I'm wondering about the sound through the amp without pedals. Does anyone have any experience with a shredder axe and a lone star?

If it helps, the guitar I'm thinking about is either an Ibanez RG1570 or a G&L Invader Plus.

Thanks,
Brett

I play extreme metal with a Ibanez rg1527 and rg7321 through my LSS head into a 4x12 with celestion g12 century vintages. I use the 5 watt setting on the drive channel and put the master at about 6, the gain about 6 as well and the drive at around 4-5. The mid knob stops being effective with these settings. The sound is chaotic but full of tone, not like anything I've heard used before in this genre. It may be too dirty and uncontrolled for intricate shredding but trem-picked and chorded riffs sound crushing!

Latest posts

Back