Should my Lonestar be louder?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Tone

Reaction score
I bought a used lonestar classic head the other day and love the sounds I'm getting so far. With the tube amps I've owned in the past (40 to 60 watt amps), setting the volume past 2 results in ear shattering volume. With the lonestar on channel one with every knob at 12 o-clock, the amp is fairly loud, but I would expect it to sound like the end of the world in my little music room (with the volume at 5). So is this normal? I have it set on the 50 watt mode. Because I bought it used I want to make sure something isnt' wrong with it. I'm using a 60 watt 1X12 cabinet at the moment so I haven't tried the 100watt setting yet (for fear of blowing the speaker). Thanks.

edit - I may have figured it out, the Output knob is a master volume? I had it way down. I guess I better download the manual.

Lone Tone said:
edit - I may have figured it out, the Output knob is a master volume? I had it way down. I guess I better download the manual.

Yes.

Turn the channel master and the output knob up to 10, then report back. :wink: :lol: :twisted:

screamingdaisy said:
Lone Tone said:

Yes.

Turn the channel master and the output knob up to 10, then report back. :wink: :lol: :twisted:
Oh yeah. :p

Check where the loop volume is set at...

Oh, and congratulations on the head, I just recently bought the same :)

The LSC isn't an especially loud amp to my ears, though it may just not seem that loud because it has such a warm sound. Loud enough, to be sure -- I haven't come close to running out of headroom at rehearsal yet. I set the gain to 2:00 and the master to 3:00 on 100-watt mode for a bit the other day, and got a nice crunch out of the power tubes, but it wasn't anything near the ear-bleeding level my old Twin could put out.

Latest posts

Back