should I trade my mk IV for a loaded simlu C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would, but I've been becoming less and less of a fan of my Mark IV. If it's loaded, you'll be able to make a pretty penny on it, and probably have enough to buy 2 used mark IV's.

I agree. I've never heard a Mark IIC in person, but from what I gather it's a sweet little arsenal of sound. Besides, they still currently make IV's, you could always get another!!!

ToneAddictJon said:
If it's loaded, you'll be able to make a pretty penny on it, and probably have enough to buy 2 used mark IV's.
is the price difference between IIC+ and IV as much in australia as it is here?

If you like the Mark4 for it's TONAL reasons, then yes, go for it. you won't be disappointed.

However, if you like the Mark4 because of it's versatility, options, and features (3 channels, etc), you may be disappointed.

Shep said:
the thing about it is yes i use the 3 channel's.. i am thinking no..

The third channel could easily be added with an OD pedal as suggested by GTS.

To be honest, R2 isn't that much to write home about. I am thinking an OD pedal might be a better idea since you can buy one tailored to your tonal needs rather than trying to get the stock channel to sound good while compromising the clean channel or vice versa.

Greg

the guy is now wanting $4k for the head or mk IV + $1200.. thats pretty craby..i am thinking to sell my mk III and pull another $2000 out of my account...

see if i can sell the mk III

Elpelotero said:
If you like the Mark4 for it's TONAL reasons, then yes, go for it. you won't be disappointed.

However, if you like the Mark4 because of it's versatility, options, and features (3 channels, etc), you may be disappointed.

What he said. I'm loving the tone out of my Mark III right now, but sometimes I wished I had the versatility of a Mark IV, with the separate controls for each channel and all.

I think the MarkIV and IIC+ are both very versatile tone machines. I prefer the sound of the C+ lead channel for cutting thru the mix, and the MarkIV for it's dark-textured rhythm sound. The thing with the IIC+ is that you have all the versatility in the world within the amp, but because of the shared channel controls you can't switch betwen a squeeky clean and a high-gain lead tone without adjusting volume1 and the eq. In principle it's fine, but unless you have 2 separate amps, in a live situation it's not ideal. That's why I like the MarkIV, it has the same versatile tones, but they're more usable in a live situation. I own both the IIC+ and the MarkIV-B for this exact reason :)

The nuances of the two amps are obvious enough. The MarkIIC+ is definately smoother and regardless of any bright reduction mods, it's brighter. With the right tubes, the original IIC+ OT and PTs gives more headroom than the MarkIV, and the blurry quality of the simulclass el34/6l6 is somewhat more pronounced and smoother, I prefer it. With the MarkIV it's easier to dial in stock metal tones, as the mids are voiced differently in the lead channel. I find that with the IIC+ you have to dial out more mids for the MoP tones than a MarkIV.

Having said all of that, you won't regret taking a MarkIV over a IIC+ (edit: DOH!). And you have an EVM loaded cab to enjoy it with :)

jvk said:
I think the MarkIV and IIC+ are both very versatile tone machines. I prefer the sound of the C+ lead channel for cutting thru the mix, and the MarkIV for it's dark-textured rhythm sound. The thing with the IIC+ is that you have all the versatility in the world within the amp, but because of the shared channel controls you can't switch betwen a squeeky clean and a high-gain lead tone without adjusting volume1 and the eq. In principle it's fine, but unless you have 2 separate amps, in a live situation it's not ideal. That's why I like the MarkIV, it has the same versatile tones, but they're more usable in a live situation. I own both the IIC+ and the MarkIV-B for this exact reason :)

The nuances of the two amps are obvious enough. The MarkIIC+ is definately smoother and regardless of any bright reduction mods, it's brighter. With the right tubes, the original IIC+ OT and PTs gives more headroom than the MarkIV, and the blurry quality of the simulclass el34/6l6 is somewhat more pronounced and smoother, I prefer it. With the MarkIV it's easier to dial in stock metal tones, as the mids are voiced differently in the lead channel. I find that with the IIC+ you have to dial out more mids for the MoP tones than a MarkIV.

Having said all of that, you won't regret taking a MarkIV over a IIC+. And you have an EVM loaded cab to enjoy it with :)

dude , that is a really good post..

I am Thinking about trading the mk IV with some cash for this fully load simlu C+..i have a radial head bone amp switcher so i can run two amp's like different channel's..i do it sometimes with mk IV and MK III.. mk IV clean lead , MK III as Heavy rhy..i could do this with the mk IIc+..

will this amp have everything i could possibly want plus more..?

heres the link BTW

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Vintage-1984-MK2C_W0QQitemZ220171283247QQihZ012QQcategoryZ58718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back