Should I sell my Prophesy for a Triaxis and G-Force?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightywarlock

Reaction score
I found locally someone who wants to sell his Triaxis (which i think has the phat mod...serial # is in the 6000's)...and also is selling his G-force. he originally advertised the triaxis for $1200, and the g-force for $1000. i offered him $1600 for both and he said ok.

i think this is a pretty good deal....what do you folks think? he says they are both in MINT condition (which i hope it is, but who knows)...

I have been using my Recto Pre lately in my current band as the tone is just better than the Prophesy and Jmp-1 i have...and i have never really gotten into the Prophesy, even though so many people seem to like them...
went to the Mesa store again today in Hollywood and played through their new Triaxis, and listened to a few others (i liked the Lonestar as well), and think eventually i would like a Stiletto, but i am thinking i should jump on this Triaxis deal.
I actually recently sold my Triple Rectifier head in order to get a different head, thinking the stiletto deuce, but i like more versatility, hence all the different preamps i currently own...which has me thinking to get the triaxis and gforce, but i also like the simplicity of a head as well...
what do you think?

So guess what.

I'll be eatin' ramen noodles for a while, but i didnt sell my Prophesy yet...and went today and bought the G-force and Triaxis from this guy!

woo hoo.

spent the night playing on the triaxis, checking out some settings, and havent even turned on the g-force yet. i dont have enough money to go buy the midi cables i need to connect these 2, so thats going to have to way til the weekend.

it's definitely a recto triaxis. as i said, in the 6000 serial # range, and that also means phat mod right?

a lot of the beginning presets seem overly bassy, but i tried some of the artist presets, from some page on the net, and also the previous owner's presets, and they were much better than the first 20 presets.
the john petrucci settings are quite useable i think.
no all i need is a rack switcher and a strong back, so i can use all my preamps together (i want to hear my jmp-1 mixed with the triaxis, and the ada mp-1...that would be tonal heaven!)
it's been many years that i have owned the 2:90...so it's about time i finally got a triaxis!

yay me. eh :lol:

Anomaly said:
Can Traxis do Modern hi-gain Recto? I'm having 2nd thoughts with my Recto Pre, the bass isn't there DI on Modern hi-gain.

No. Closer to Vintage mode, if anything, but I never thought mine sounded very much like a Recto at all.

i have had a triple rec, have the recto pre, and now the triaxis as well, and i think it is somewhat similar.

although the recto pre still has a certain sound that i find really incredible to use live...i am hoping the triaxis will sound similar, so i can possibly sell the recto pre...since i might not be using it much anymore if i am using the triaxis.

Latest posts

Back