Short video - playing along to DT on MKV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiveman

Reaction score
I was just messing around on my MKV, playing along to one part of DT - A Rite of Passage... This is at bedroom sound levels, so you can hear the string twanging and slapping around on the fretboard. Didn't really spend a whole lot of time trying to "match" the tone in the original song, but I was pleased how close it sounds just by doing a fairly "regular" tone on MKIV mode...

http://youtu.be/5deISu3YOe0 :D

There is a picture of the settings at the end of the video... Guitar is Ibanez RG520 with DiMarzio Steve's Special (bridge) and Air Norton (neck). Those are very similar to JP's current setup in EBMM which is on that album, so that's another element that makes this sounds pretty DT-ish without too much trying. :)

I clicked on the link and the youtube video said "0 views". I've never been the first to watch a video on youtube... it's a strange feeling of pride and accomplishment :lol:

Seriously though, nice tones and playing :mrgreen:

Thanks! And yeah, I had uploaded it just before posting the link here (and on my facebook profile, subsequently), so your timing was impeccable! :D

Latest posts

Back