Shipping a IIb to mesa--questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawoodsman

Reaction score
Got the ok to spend my hard earned money and send my IIb in for da "fix" and general reconditioning.

They want the tubes sent with if possible, but it's a tad cold around here--like well below 0 Fahrenheit in the evenings. I can pack the tubes OK but wonder if it's wise to ship them in such cold weather? Any ideas on that? Any tips on boxing it up would be appreciated too. Gonna figure out how to pull the amp out of the cab (it's a combo) in the next few nights, doesn't look too bad. If need be I can wait a few months until it's warmer to ship it to them.

Turn the cabinet up-side-down on a soft bench and slide it over the edge on one side than the other taking the chassis screws out.
Center it and grab it by the transformers and ease it out of the cabinet. Disconnect the reverb and fan plug when you get it half way out.
Wrap the chassis is a bubble wrap so it has approx 5 inches of padding all around and box it up secure so it doesn't move around.
You will be OK with sending the tubes with it. Just wrap them separately. They won't break because it's cold, Only if you turn the amp on when they are not at room temp
will it cause an issue.

Latest posts

Back