Settings Section for Mark III amps?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
Why is there only a section for Mark IV amps? What about the Mark II-III? Can we add one? It seems that there are plenty of people with Mark II's and III's that would share settings!

Sound's cool ! start the Neverending Mark III setting's thread !

I'll share .

Yet there lies madness . different gitter's , cabs and stripe's have a tendency to muddy things .
Not to mention tube choices , the room , component drift ....

:roll:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about all these "add x amp settings section" suggestions. There was one recently for the studio pre.
When it comes to mark amps, they're all pretty close, so if you're looking for a starting point, someone's settings for any of the amp series will do fine for you. This worked for me with the studio pre, which is pretty far from mark IV especially considering the different poweramp, so it should work for any mark series.
I doubt one person's settings will be perfect for many people given different guitars, speakers, tastes and playing style, so everyone's going to be doing some tweaking and any mark settings will make a good starting point.

What I think is more useful is general advice about how the controls on mark amps work, which this board is pleasantly full of, and rather than just a list of numbers, people saying what they do (eg. the 'I dime my mids' thread) for what style and why.

dmt said:
Why is there only a section for Mark IV amps? What about the Mark II-III? Can we add one? It seems that there are plenty of people with Mark II's and III's that would share settings!
OK, I'll start:
http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=0&d1=85&d2=70&d3=30&d4=70&d5=30&d6=50&d7=50&p=0&g1=45&g2=55&g3=60&g4=65&g5=55&t=BASIC

gts said:
Try these (Thanks to BWK)

This sheet is pretty much duplicated for the MKIII. I can post that one later:

IICsample.jpg

Holy mother of god! The metal setting, wow thats gonna be some loud fun :shock: :D

after i got my 1st Mark III and flipped it like an idiot, i got another - then spent several hours perusing several threads here and elsewhere documenting other's settings and trying them out.

I still have all of these print screens/paperwork. If someone sets up a grid like the Mark IV, I'll contribute all - at least 30 different settings as well as the settings from the manual.

it was an interesting journey ... and hasn't stopped yet !!!

Latest posts

Back