Settings question.triple rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny D

Reaction score
Im a complete NOOB when it comes to the triple rec and ive been playing with the sounda and i can seem to find the crunch i want, anyone have any suggestions. Im looking for the metal- deep sound, and no matter what i do it just sounds tinty.

go to grailtone.com (the father of this site) and go to settings database. there's a really good setting there that i like A LOT, especially if you have a les paul type guitar. i believe its the first setting. it has a very long description and the guy talks about his sg guitar. also, i can give you the exact settings of mark tremonti and metallica if you wish.

personally i believe the best sound comes with tubes and the bold setting. my band and i flicked thru the possibilities blindly and that one was best. it's also what the pod used to recreate the recto.

also read the manual and pay attention to what they say about the "sweet spots." for a deep sound its also recommended to lower your mids a couple of notches from bass and treble settings. dont run your gain too high either, nor treble and presence. keep em around 11-2 oclock

Jenny D said:
Im a complete NOOB when it comes to the triple rec and ive been playing with the sounda and i can seem to find the crunch i want, anyone have any suggestions. Im looking for the metal- deep sound, and no matter what i do it just sounds tinty.

You should check the database as Elpelotero said, great tones there.

Here's one I like on my dual rec, you might like it on your trip:

Silicon Diode Rectifier
Bold Power (I use spongy but try both)
Channel 3 (red) Modern Mode

Presence: 2 o'clock
Volume: 11:30
Gain: 2:30-3 (season to taste)
Bass: 2 o'clock
Mid: 10 o'clock
Treble: 2:30-3 (turn this up more and put gain down less (acts like another gain control, at least to my ears))

Let us know what you think is lacking so we can try to tell you what to change.

Here's another:

Ch3 Modern
Bold
Tube rectifier (I use 5AR4/GZ34's but the stock 5U4's are close until its really cranked)

Bass 12:00
Mid 10:00-10:30
Treb 12:30
Pres 11:00 (depends alot on the room)
Gain 2:30

Two 4x12 o/s recto cabs with V-30's. Very hot passive 'bucks. Healthy stage volume.

Dont be shy with the volume knob...the Triple (as most tube amps) really comes to life when you push it a bit.

Back