Settings for DC-10???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMello

Reaction score
I need sample settings for my DC10.
I have this amp for a while but just started using it more recently and I'm struggling to get a good sound out of the drive channel. I mean, I can get some real nice modern metal tones out of it but I'm having a hard time getting some classic hard rock tones (Sykes, Moore etc...).
I also have a Mark III and I can nail these tones with it, but I'd like to use the DC10 because it's more versatile with the separate controls for the clean channel. Needless to say, my MkIII settings don't work for this amp.
I'm actually thinking about selling this amp but I want to give one last try because the features and versatility are perfect. Help!!!

compared to the mk III.. the DC's you can run more bass in the Eq side of it.. the gain doesn't need to be run as hard to.. don't scoop to much mid's..

try starting off with everything at 5 apart from the master and the reverb...

yeah lowering the gain definitely helped. I lost some of the sustain initially so I raised my bridge pickup to compensate and wow what a difference.. not as good as my MKIII yet, but I feel like I am getting somewhere now...

it's funny how sometimes you have to adjust your guitar to work with a different amp...

any more tips, settings etc would be really appreciated.. I really want to make this work.

For my lead channel, I use the following settings, depending on which guitar I use:

Gain - 7-9
Treble - 5-7
Middle - 4-7
Bass - 7-9
Reverb - 2
Presence - usually around 4, but sometimes I crank it when I want a good VH tone
Master - 2

EQ used only for solos - Bass sliders slightly below 0 - mildly boosted Mids and Highs, adjusted until I get the volume I want.

Output - 3

Friggin amp is so loud that I've never been able to get it past 3 in a live situation. :D

I don't really have a set setting. Every room is different, every guitar is different, for me, every day is different. The amp is so inspiring that I simply start playing differently if the tones are different.

Mine has a bias pot in it, so I might try some JJ 6V6's. I've been told that they can handl the plate current.

:D Knew I wouldn't be much help, that's why I didn't reply before.

My 3 year old plays with the knobs when I'm not looking. Sometimes he finds great settings. Always have to look at the Volume knob before turning it on though. :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:
My 3 year old plays with the knobs when I'm not looking. Sometimes he finds great settings. Always have to look at the Volume knob before turning it on though. :lol:

now that's a plan!! LOL

I'm finding that I really like my lead channel better when the master is set very high (like 6 or 7)... it really opens up the tone.. but then my output has to be at around 1.5 or I have to use the attenuator

I just found an unused Power Brake in some of my stuff. I think I got it in a trade a few years ago.

I'll have to try that.

The Output is very touchy at lower volumes. Turn it too high though and it will sink your battleship.

As for the 3 year old, I really do that sometimes. You would be surprised at the results.

Latest posts

Back