Settings for a Simul C+ and 2 EV thieles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I was working on getting a sound from my combo with the speaker disconnected and run thru a pair of EV thieles. I found that I didn't need near the "V" in the EQ to get a great sound. This could be due to the open back combo releasing some of the lows out the back. It is perceived as more mids, but I think otherwise. With the EV thiele, the speakers' natural highs promoted a reduction in the last 2 sliders on the EQ. All this was with a Gibson LP with SD Pearly Gates, and GT 12AX7M's in the preamp and Philips 7581A's in the middle, SED Winged =C= EL-34's in the Class-A positions. Pull the Treble,Master, and Lead Master knobs for the lead channel. Minimal coloration of sound, just Gibson to the max :D .

DSC02915.jpg

gts said:
With the settings shown in the pic that has to be loud!! :D

Yeah, if you switch to the rhythm channel at these settings, your skull might implode. I was just giving the winged =C= tubes a good workout, as they have been in the closet for a while. So far, I'm liking them :D . I just know not to go crazy in Class-A mode these days. That got expensive and frustrating. :evil:

Latest posts

Back