Setting up 2 cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Hetfield

Reaction score
For a show I would like to rent another cab. Am I able to use the two 8ohms outputs on my dual rec into the two cabs rated at 8ohms? or one 8 and one 4? Someone explain this to me.

You would use the two 4 ohm jacks on the back of your amp. Each cab is 8 ohms, when you use two together in parallel you split the ohms in half.

Mr.Hetfield said:
For a show I would like to rent another cab. Am I able to use the two 8ohms outputs on my dual rec into the two cabs rated at 8ohms? or one 8 and one 4? Someone explain this to me.

So, could he go in series? Instead of two cables out of the head, just one to 1st cab in, 1st cab out to 2nd cab in? Are'nt the Rectifier heads/cabs allowed to be ran like this? There is an in/out on the cabs! Would you still run out of the head @ 4 ohms with the one cable to the 1st cab, and so-on, or would you go to an 8 ohm jack out of the head?

The rectifier cabs have parallel outs, you'd have to find a cab that has series outs in order to run them like that. For the purposes of just running an extra 8 ohm cab, it's just easier to run them both from the 4 ohm outs on the amp.

Latest posts

Back