Setting solo mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric58

Reaction score
I did own a express 5.50 but upgraded to the mark v. Being this is the first time having an amp that has a solo boost on it i have a question regarding how to set it. Now in the manual it says that the solo mode cannot be used as a volume reducer and only adds to the volume set by the output. Does this mean it has to be set above the level of the output to function the way intended? or is it like a additive effect?

I guess another way to ask would be like this. if 7:00 means no volume, you set your output volume to be lets say 9:00 and set your solo level to 8:00 would it raise the output level to 10:00? or would you have to set the solo level above 9:00 to work the way intended?

electric58 said:
I did own a express 5.50 but upgraded to the mark v. Being this is the first time having an amp that has a solo boost on it i have a question regarding how to set it. Now in the manual it says that the solo mode cannot be used as a volume reducer and only adds to the volume set by the output. Does this mean it has to be set above the level of the output to function the way intended? or is it like a additive effect?

I guess another way to ask would be like this. if 7:00 means no volume, you set your output volume to be lets say 9:00 and set your solo level to 8:00 would it raise the output level to 10:00? or would you have to set the solo level above 9:00 to work the way intended?

It's as you would say "a additive effect".

When the knob is the whole way down, there is no boost. ect.

From what i understand the solo volume is like having a second output control that you can set at any level that is higher than your first output volume.It won't add volume until you go past the volume of your standard output. So you can have a quiet bedroom practice setting on the output, and maybe a band practice volume on the solo boost. I could be wrong, but this is how i used it on my Roadster, will test tonight when i play my MkV.

beretta9m2f said:
From what i understand the solo volume is like having a second output control that you can set at any level that is higher than your first output volume.It won't add volume until you go past the volume of your standard output. So you can have a quiet bedroom practice setting on the output, and maybe a band practice volume on the solo boost. I could be wrong, but this is how i used it on my Roadster, will test tonight when i play my MkV.

I just posted the answer above you.

This is incorrect.

Yeah you're right. I didn't realize it because i was using it at such low volumes. I just read it in the manual. Sorry for the misinformation. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back