Series 1 vs. Series 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpretus

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 head? And how do I tell the difference?

Not sure about dual and triple recs, but with the single rec the difference between series 1 and series 2 is the extra mode on channel two (raw mode) and the bias switch for either EL34 or 6L6 tubes. Some say the series 1 is better than the other, but I don't know. Not nescessarily

jpretus said:
What's the difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 head? And how do I tell the difference?

I'm not exaxctly a Mesa guru, but I tried 2 different series 2 ROV 1-12 combos and didn't particularly care for the tone. It was a little harsh sounding compared to the used series 1 I ended up buying. From what Mike at Mesa CS told me, the differences are:
Reverb controls in front
Bias switch for EL34/6L6 (ROV 1 only has 6L6 capability)
More aggressive distortion (like it needed it lol!! )

I think both have the numbingly stupid bag that can't be reached to secure the footswitch (which is a DIN connection) and short power cable. Also both of the 1-12 combos weigh in at an astounding 75lbs.

Latest posts

Back