Serial vs. Parallel loops

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnfx

Reaction score
What's the difference between Serial and parallel loops? And what are the Pros and cons of both? Just curious since the Stilettos have Serial loops with a bypass, and I wondering how they work since it's not footswitchable like say, a Rectifiers loop.

Can anyone explain how the loop on the Stiletto's works? On the Rectifier's you could footswitch it in and out whenever you needed to have your fx. How does it work on the Stiletto since it's not switchable? As long as you have an effect in the loop, is the loop always on?

Thanks!

With a series loop, the entire preamp signal passes thru the loop. With parallel, the preamp signal is split, with part of it going to the loop and then blended back in with the dry signal at the fx return. Personally I like the parallel better as it doesnt really alter the amps tone. Digital fx in a series loop can make your whole rig sound...well..digital. On the other hand, if you like to put an EQ or noise gate in the loop, series is the only way to go.

As far as the Stiletto goes, yes the loop is always active. I would think as long as any fx in that loop are "true bypass" you shouldnt have any problems.

Latest posts

Back