Serial numbers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I wanted to know what year my serial number was from, I just posted it here and these guys told me.

You can always pull the chasis out the the head shell (even if it's a combo) and there should be initials and the month and year of it's final inspections.

Just be careful and don't touch the capacitors as they store a charge. The look like c-cell batteries.

You can call mesa and ask for customer service and give them your serial number and they can tell you... If the guy says 'we don't really keep a database' have him check the computer anyway, or call back and talk to someone else.

Would it hurt to post the serial number here? I mean, there's no harm that can be done, right? I'll have to go look and maybe one of you fellas can find out for me if I don't just go 'head and call Mesa.

That's what I was trying to say, rather than asking where you can find info about your serial number, why not let these guys just tell you, they know revisions and whatnot.

R-002728 - I would say it's an early 94, maybe a Rev F, the 3rd revision Mesa made for the DR line.

R-005450 - Definitely a Rev G (final revision) and I would guess it's a 95

I would still call Mesa to know for sure if you guys don't want to open them up and check inside the chassis.

I agree with thunder monkey's estimations! You guys should look under the hood to confirm though!

Latest posts

Back