Selling my markiii whats a fair price?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt reynolds

Reaction score
Well after doing a few gigs i think i prefer my 5150 to my markiii.
It is a green stripe from the 90's serial number 21817 There is a green stripe just about the power cord,and a large black capital R under the power cord. Theres also a red mark to the left of the R wich looks like "NB" or "NR",i cant make it out but i will try to post a pic. Cosmeticaly it is in mint condition,the only flaw is one of the little caps on one the graphic eq sliders is missing. Oh yeah it is simulclass and has all mesa tubes. Functionaly it is 100% besides the presence knob being BARELY noisy only when you turn it. The zip tie on the back of the head is only to secure the power cord,i have always had a fear of it getting caught on something and damaging it.

I dont want to get ripped off whats a fair price to ask?

That's a really clean amp. I'd try to get a replacement slider before you advertize it. I'd list it in the classifieds just under $1000 OBO and see what kind of offers you get. It really depends on how fast you want to sell it.

It is clean. Mark III's sell from $700 to $1000 on ebay. The intitials are MB for Mike Benadelli. His initials are on all of them that I have seen. I think the R next to that signifies that it has has the reverb mod done to it. I don't recall ever seeing one with the tube protector bar on the back, but I don't think I've seen many of these from the 90's either.

If you remove the front panel, does that give you access to the pre-amp tubes? Is there a cooling fan?

I have never tried removing the front panel but i will check it out,yes i has a very large cooling fan,thanks for all the replies guys,ill check on that front panel thing.

I'm willing to bet this amp started it's life as a combo and was converted to a Head somewhere in the mid 90's. That cab is an original but its about 10 years newer than the amp. The chassis was probably sent back to Mesa for the reverb mod and a new shell. No worries that certainly does not hurt the resale. Might even help. Mark heads are usually easier to sell than combos.

Amp was made in 7/95 just opened it up and checked it out.
I also have 2 original footswitches the lead/rythym switch and the rythym 1/2 switch.

Is it possible that it has just been meticulously taken care of?

I had the same amp about two years ago, and it had the tube protector. I was the original owner. It was the combo and not the head. But otherwise, the tolex and the tube protector looked the same and was in mint condition. Sold to a forum member here for $800.00

Here are a few pics of it. Note the similarities in the tolex and tube protector....I purchased mine in late 95, early 96 time frame.

_MG_0823.jpg

_MG_0826.jpg

_MG_0827.jpg

_MG_0830.jpg

the mark III green head I had I bought for $800 with a 412 mesa cab (metal grille!)

that was the most raw/beast metal amp I've ever played thru...

Wow. I had no idea they were still building Mark III's in the mid 90's. I had a Mark IVa was 5 years older than your amp. I stand corrected. If it's '95 the cab and logo would be original.

To each their own. The guitar and speakers do make up the other part of that equation though. Both myself and my other guitarist play Ibanez primarily and when he plays a 5150 and I use the Mark III, the sound is -tremendous-, but he can never pick which one he likes better :lol: One day he'll say one or the other. Having them both around and using both live, I still prefer the III though. I'd say keep them both and run a stereo rig for maximum carnage. 8)

Latest posts

Back