searing boogie lead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Hey dudes

Thanx for a great forum. When I first heard a mark4 many years ago I got hooked on mesa gear and sounds but actually never bought one until my dual rectumfrier. The thing is I was always aiming for that searing boogie lead from bands like stryper and such but never got close, so now many amps and many disapointments later I found the F 50 mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I borrowed one from the store and need your input on how to get that tone. A guy on the boogie boards anders hoeg comes really close with his F 30 but I need guidance regarding eq, hotplate, pedals and such, and regarding the express isn't that just an f 50 with more options??

Sorry for the long thread, I'm just so glad I found you:thu:

channel 2, contour
gain: wherever you need it
treb: 12-1
mid: 3
Bass 12-1
reverb: 9
Master: FREAKIN CRANK IT

have fun

Schmoog said:
channel 2, contour
gain: wherever you need it
treb: 12-1
mid: 3
Bass 12-1
reverb: 9
Master: FREAKIN CRANK IT

Hi Geiri. It must be me you are referring to. I would say about the same as Schmoog, except for no reverb, and mid at about 12 o'clock. actually this is my setting wether i'm using channel 2 with or without contour. Then a Shure sm57 at the edge of the speakercone, and that's it! For the clips that you have heard i have probably used a Patrick Eggle guitar w. humbuckers, or a fender tele am. deluxe.
b.r. andershoeg

Yup that's it.

All reports are in. Geiriman has found his tone :D Every amp manufacturer can now close shop, there is no need for anything other than Mesa.

Amen

Thanx guys

Latest posts

Back