Save up for a 2 channel DR or 3 channel one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickeye

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my 50 caliber plus head and upgrading to a DR. I guess my problem is, it seems like it is getting harder to find the 2-channel DR's ,which was used by some of my favorite bands (CoC, Soundgarden), but it seems like they do not go for cheap since people want to keep them. So it just makes me wonder if I should get a regular 3 channel one as I can finds fair deals for them.

it is a much debated topic(you may see a horse gif or 2 ..lol) and its all opinion. I love my 3 channel DR . I have absoloutly no trouble making it sound awesome on every channel . Poeple will say the 3 channels are "fizzy" and dont sound as good.

Go to any brand high gain amp forum and people will complain about fizzyness . Too much gain with too bright sound will sound fizzy i dont care what amp it is.

I have never played a 2 channel so maybe they are better . all I can say is the 3 channel is a great amp if you like the recto sound

i would say if you don't need the third channel go with your gut...i agonized what amp to get for 2 years and i came back to my first choice the roadster. so go with it.

my 3ch triple has been on paper weight status sine i got my Engl months ago. All new boogie power tubes and preamp, new EH rectifier tube (knocked the mesa ones off the table and thats all i could find locally) Open to ALL offers. check the classifieds here for details.

2 channel rectifiers, as long as they are no of the Pre-500, can be had for DIRT cheap. I grabbed two before for $850 and 900.

If you don't need the 3rd channel, the 3 channels do sound a bit better IMO.

Eric

Latest posts

Back