• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sale Feeler- Heartbreaker head Monsta Tone modded

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babow2

Reaction score
I am teetering on the fence. I have an RA-100 coming. Between that and my MkV, I really doubt my Heartbreaker is going to get much playing. I love it dearly, but am talking myself into selling it. I guess it may depend on level of interest.

The amp is awesome. One Mesa artist/LA producer has told me never to sell it, and loves it. Monsta-Tone (Andy Turner) has done the mods: Love channel improvement/blackface, Lust channel JCM800 mod, better reverb, solo control added (on back), bias adjustment added on back, dpeaker impedence knob added (on back), custom 2 button footswitch w/ LED's for channel and solo. What have I missed?

This amp has awesome Fender/Mesa cleans on Love/Lo. On Love/Hi it just nails Mark I tones. Lust/lo is total Vox chime and slight break up, total tone heaven. Lust/Hi is rich, thick JCM800 goodness. All four channel/modes are awesome sounding. I have used it with 6L6's, EL34s (my favorite) and currently it has JJ 6V6's. This is a surprisingly versatile tone machine. ****, I am talking myself out of selling it.

Seriously, it is in excellent cosmetic condition and fantastic sounding condition. If I didn't have MkV, TA-30 and RA-100 (on the way), you wouldn't pry it out of my hands.

If you are interested, drop me a note and we can talk. If you want to know more about this amp or the mods, you can contact Andy/Monsta-Tone on this site. He might even vouch for me.
heartbreaker.jpg

thanks,
Brent

You are right, I was there twice last week. But, in this case, they called me with an opportunity on an RA. **** them.

Never too many. Just too many to play at one time. I'm getting to the age where collecting to have them stacked up isn't as enticing as having gear I love to play and get to use.

The gain and tone settings on the Lust Channel are almost identical to how I have mine.

That's definately the sweet spot!

I see you are running Hi Gain Ch1 (Mark1) , and Low Gain Channel2 (approx. Marshall 1959?). That's what I do too.

I love this amp the more I get to know it. It is deep. Imagine playing some sweet blues rhythm tone with saturated power tubes, and then want to have a lead break with some molten lava thrown in, so you switch into Mk1 OD. Fantastic. With EL34's this amp crosses Blues to Hard Rock with ease. With 6L6's, I run it clean on Love, and High on Lust, and it becomes a C&W and Metal amp.

Interested buyers check out my thread "Rockin the Heartbreaker", so you'll have the benefit of over 100 hours of reading, tweaking and fine tuning on tubes, controls, etc. for the Lust Channel. It'll get you in the sweet zone right off the get-go. I bet even mesa never knew they could produce an amp that sounded this good.

The Heartbreaker is so sweet with EL34's (particularly low gain on the Lust Channel) that it almost defies description, you gotta play it to believe it. Tone, Tone, Tone - and FEEL, too. I come from the hi gain world, and the compression and sustain of this power tube, and the harmonics when overdriven just a bit make you want to play 'clean'.

Since some guys are wary of a modded amp, I say don't be. The monsta-tone mods will no doubt take it up a level from stock, particularly when using EL34's.

Latest posts

Back