Sacrilege! Replacement knobs for the Tremoverb/Rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon

Reaction score
I can't see those darn chrome knobs (without pointers) very well. I'd like to replace them with those fender vintage creme knobs but I think they're too short.

Has anyone replaced their Tremoverb/Recitifer knobs with non-mesa knobs that they like and fit and work well etc?

By the way, here's my inspiration: sweet (visual) mods done to an f-100 (not mine):
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&perpage=50&pagenumber=30

by "fender vintage creme knobs but I think they're too short" I mean they're 7/16" tall and I think the stock Mesa knobs are 5/8" tall.

Try adding short pieces of pinstripe tape to the top of the knobs. This worked great on my amp. You can get it at auto parts stores and hobby / model airplane shops. It can get rubbed off, but it is easy to replace.

canon said:
I can't see those darn chrome knobs (without pointers) very well. I'd like to replace them with those fender vintage creme knobs but I think they're too short.

Has anyone replaced their Tremoverb/Recitifer knobs with non-mesa knobs that they like and fit and work well etc?

By the way, here's my inspiration: sweet (visual) mods done to an f-100 (not mine):
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&perpage=50&pagenumber=30
I doubt the Fender knobs are too short. Mesa uses the same pots on practically all of the amps, so the new knobs should work the same way. BTW, cream or white chicken head knobs may also fit. Also, even if the internal dimension was a bit short, you probably wouldn't notice when the knob is mounted.

Take a look at where I bought the knobs. I got them a lot cheaper from samash.com compared to the other parts sites. Finally, both the original black/white and the new cream/black knobs can be seen from across the room easily which I like a lot.

I'm glad you liked my work. :)

Here's the final version:

F-100Finishedobliqueright.jpg

ylo said:
Try adding short pieces of pinstripe tape to the top of the knobs. This worked great on my amp. You can get it at auto parts stores and hobby / model airplane shops. It can get rubbed off, but it is easy to replace.

Bingo. I did the same thing with small bits of self-adhesive lettering I had lying around the studio for other purposes. Six months and no problems with the stickers rubbing off. If done neatly with white tape, the knobs retain that really cool chrome look, but the white tape shows up much better in the low light on stage.

Back