Russian 6P3S in dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf

Reaction score
Hi guys...Anybody got experience with running these tubes in dual rectifier?...My local tech gave me a quad of them also he said he measured them properly as they can carry voltage up to 500V...Tube description what I found on net just says about an half...I know they are classic lower wattage 6L6 tube aka 6L6GB (not GC) which are not recomended for amp using GC tubes...But I put them in played about couple of hours on full load (bold/diode) and I didn´t find any signs of failure...There is blue glowing which is normal with sovtek tubes but nothing like red plating or overheating of transformers or so...I like the sound a lot because they make sound my F rev recto propably closest to C rev what I remember his sound when I played it last time...It cut off lot of boomy and muddy lowend and bring there some more "marshallish" midrange...Now it´s tight as never before also it has more gain (usable gain till max) as it can sound as already cleanboosted recto...Is there something I should know to avoid any damage after longer period of use?

thanx

As far as I can find these are just 6L6's... If you like them play the crap out of them, man! But keep spares tubes (and fuses!) within reach when you're gigging to be sure the show can go on. ;-)

Latest posts

Back