Running two combos together?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
im thinking about getting another combo to run my mark iv with.what is the best setup for this.stereo would be cool..maybe run an a/b box to switch back and forth.for guys that use two combos..let me know your tricks.

Startouch ST-1a, very nice, very cheap, very hard wearing. Use batteries or a decent power supply and you will get minimal noise also.

Simul-satellite? Or are you looking for a better range of tones? My personal favourite combo of combos is Mark IV with a Mark I.

The A/B/Y box for either or both is a good start. A ground control / mastermind to control both amps and your pedals is a nice option. RJM has the goods. I am working my way to that setup. Others on the board have it already and may chime in. The A/B/Y and the solo boost to shift the amp that is most out front works fine for the moment.

Lehle p-split or many of it's brothers and sisters are great products for exactly what you describe

If you want true stereo, a Simul-Satellite would be the best solution. But in order for it to work, you need a stereo stompbox in the FX loop of the IV. Then hook up the Simul via the Satellite Send.

RectoStudioGuy said:
Lehle p-split or many of it's brothers and sisters are great products for exactly what you describe

FWIW I was going to go for a Lehle, but looking around I found loads of reviews by people who had owned both the Lehle units and the Startouch and said the ST was just as good for less than half the cash. Plus Tony is a great guy for customer support - reminiscent of stories of Boogie from years ago.

I run 2 combos together - DC-3 and F-50. I guess I go for a simpler approach: I come out of the FX send on the F-50 into a couple of stereo TC Electronic pedals (Nova modulator>Nova delay) and run the left side of the stereo signal back into the fx return of the F-50 and the right into the fx return on the DC-3. THis way the F-50 is the "master" amp in the sense that I'm using the preamp on that one, and then using the power amp sections of both amps at the same time. Works very well when the stereo effects are engaged (nice wide spread), and even when not engaged, you get a nice fat sound.

Back