Running pedals through Mark III effect loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoangus

Reaction score
I’ve been delay shopping for a while now, and I’m leaning towards picking up a TC Electronic Nova Delay pedal and running it through the effects loop of my Mark III Blue Stripe (FX Send >> Choralflange >> Nova Delay >> FX Return). Has anyone had issues running pedals through the Mark III’s effects loop, specifically compatibility with the signal output level of pedals, or is the loop designed for use with line level signals from rack gear?

If I were to add a reverb pedal at some point, would it be better to put that before the delay or after?

Haven't had any noticeable problems running modern delay pedals in the loop of my green-stripe III. Over the years I've used/tried a variety of Boss, DOD and DigiTech stuff in there.

But I've noticed that the loop overexaggerates phasers, flangers and choruses for my tastes. I leave those boxes out in front of the amp and use the loop only for the delay.

I'd think a reverb would work well in the loop too. I've considered buying a 'verb pedal of some sort recently too, and that's where I'd try it in the chain first for sure.

geoangus said:
I’ve been delay shopping for a while now, and I’m leaning towards picking up a TC Electronic Nova Delay pedal and running it through the effects loop of my Mark III Blue Stripe (FX Send >> Choralflange >> Nova Delay >> FX Return). Has anyone had issues running pedals through the Mark III’s effects loop, specifically compatibility with the signal output level of pedals, or is the loop designed for use with line level signals from rack gear?

If I were to add a reverb pedal at some point, would it be better to put that before the delay or after?
Don't forget to try the delay into the flange, that's a cool option.
The Mk III reverb is BEFORE the effect send, so running a 'verb pedal last in the chain is also another tonal option. You can have it both ways. Variety is the spice!

Hi,

I am currently using a TC Nova Delay and a Nova Reverb in the FX loop of my Mark III blue stripe. They are great pedals and work perfectly.

It is advisable to calibrate the dynamic delay however.

Best regards,

Douke

Latest posts

Back