Running a Mark V with a Road King II? Help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psbhachu

Reaction score
Hello Folks

Well 2 years have past since I owned a Mark V and have since been playing around in he world of Diezel. However, due to a new band and project, it seems the Diezel stuff is not sitting in the mix very well. I have always run 2 amps at a time. I run a Hagen and Herbert together and the sound is gigantic. But as mentioned, the tones are no longer right for the new band.

So i'm looking into running back into the arms of Mesa Boogies. When I was running the Mark V, I found it to be great sounding but I felt it was lacking the low end punch.

I'm curious to know if anyone is running a Mark V with say a Dual Rectifier? I'm looking to order up a Mark V and a Road King II next week.

People running Mark IV/V and Rectifier amps together, I would love to hear from you :)

psbhachu said:
Hello Folks

Well 2 years have past since I owned a Mark V and have since been playing around in he world of Diezel. However, due to a new band and project, it seems the Diezel stuff is not sitting in the mix very well. I have always run 2 amps at a time. I run a Hagen and Herbert together and the sound is gigantic. But as mentioned, the tones are no longer right for the new band.

So i'm looking into running back into the arms of Mesa Boogies. When I was running the Mark V, I found it to be great sounding but I felt it was lacking the low end punch.

I'm curious to know if anyone is running a Mark V with say a Dual Rectifier? I'm looking to order up a Mark V and a Road King II next week.

People running Mark IV/V and Rectifier amps together, I would love to hear from you :)

I use a Mark III and a Mark V with both a Dual Rectifier and a Road King II. I'm mostly using Vintage mode on rectos, though. Sounds pretty badass, though. If you're looking for something like a Diezel tone that will sit in the mix well, it may take some experimentation to see if you can make it work out.

Back