ROV vs Roadster Lead Channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
While I'm waiting on my Roadster Head I have been playing a ROV 1X12 Combo. The Vintage mode with a boost really screams. Much smoother than I remember my 3-Channel Triple ever being.

Does anybody know which channel in the Roadster (3 or 4) the ROV lead channel is most like? The presence pot in the ROV is a different part # than the ones in channel 3 or 4 of the Roadster, so it must be a different value as well. The taper of the pot seems to feel like it is almost a compromise between the 3-channel's pots, smooth under 12:00 and cutting above 12:00. In Modern mode I could utilize the presence around 10:00 to 11:00 with the ROV, where in the red channel of my Triple I had to keep it under 9:00 or it would get too harsh (ice-picky).

I'm really diggin the ROV in Vintage right now. With EMGs and some front end boost this amp is way creamy and in your face, and I have had no problem dialing in a really good lead tone, something I could just never seem to do with my Triple. I hope I can get the same feel from the Roadster.

Dom

Dom, I'll be honest in saying that I could not re-create the feel of my ROV when demo-ing a roadster about a month ago. The amps just sounded different to my ears and I liked the ROV gain better. The roadster is more versatile and has a nice gain also, just not the same IMHO.

domct203 said:
While I'm waiting on my Roadster Head I have been playing a ROV 1X12 Combo. The Vintage mode with a boost really screams. Much smoother than I remember my 3-Channel Triple ever being.

Does anybody know which channel in the Roadster (3 or 4) the ROV lead channel is most like? The presence pot in the ROV is a different part # than the ones in channel 3 or 4 of the Roadster, so it must be a different value as well. The taper of the pot seems to feel like it is almost a compromise between the 3-channel's pots, smooth under 12:00 and cutting above 12:00. In Modern mode I could utilize the presence around 10:00 to 11:00 with the ROV, where in the red channel of my Triple I had to keep it under 9:00 or it would get too harsh (ice-picky).

I'm really diggin the ROV in Vintage right now. With EMGs and some front end boost this amp is way creamy and in your face, and I have had no problem dialing in a really good lead tone, something I could just never seem to do with my Triple. I hope I can get the same feel from the Roadster.

Dom

Back