ROV "pushed" clean tones with a LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maury

Reaction score
OK - I finally sold my ROV and bought the LSC. I love the LSC's gain channel but now I realize I loved the pushed clean tone of the ROV... it was that compressed, fat, spanky sound where you could "bounce" dynamically with your right hand attack and the amp just barked back at you ... not with any break-up, but just a fat "bark", on the virge of clipping. I'm not sure if I'm saying that right ... anyone here dial in this kind of tone on the LSC? If I set the presence around 9:00 and crank the mids, I get close.

Anyone?

Maury

I like my LSC but am still struggling to find a signature tone on the lead channel. It does not sound like a Plexi, but I would like it to have a great lead tone of its own. So far I have not hit on it.

On the lead channel, I find a pretty convincing plexi tone with the following settings & I'm playing a MIM strat with some duncan humbuckers.

drive OFF
gain - max
treble - max
mid 12:00
bass 12:00
pres 10:00
master 10:00

Diming the treble really adds a ton of gain into the circuit, and rolling off the presence fattens it back up. My .02 of course. For saturated leads I set the drive to 12:00 and turn it ON for the "violin" lead stuff.

Nobody but me?

Well, I'll keep trying different tweaks on my own and list them here, for my own record and in case anyone else wants the ROV fat spanking clean.
So far my best effort is:

gain 3 o'clock
treble 12
mids 12
bass 9
pres 1
master 11
output 11

I also got close leaving all clean channel knobs at 12:00 but I had to run the master & output at 12:00 too.

Nobody? Does anyone know where I can find out exactly what the "pushed" switch does to the circuit in the ROV? Maybe with that info I could get there via EQ or something.

You never should have sold the ROV. Ive had the Rov series 2 for about a half year now and it keeps getting better all the time. Im suprised the amp doesnt seem to get the respect it diserves compared to its big counterparts,,dual,triple.

Well, I felt the same way for a few days ater I got the LSC but in truth, LSC channel 2 is worth it. The entire range of gain on the LSCs 2nd channel is useable and musical to me (and my style of playing). With the ROV I got the violin sustain but there was too much "zing" and "sizzle" to it. The LSC is so smooth and warm for crunch & leads. I can dial in Keef Richards' brown-out rhythm sound, and by simply flipping the drive switch to ON, cop Santana ... at low and high volumes. Cool stuff.

Am I a victim of "the grass is always greener" or what? :cry:

OK I think I'm dangerously close to THE tone. If anyone's interested:

gain 3 o'clock
treb 12
mid 10
bass 10
pres 12
mast 10
out 10
full power/diodes

I now have the snappy midrange that makes it feel like the strings are playing themselves. I get a nice bark for single note riffs on the unwound strings, and just a hint of breakup when digging in.

Latest posts

Back