Rocktron Midi Mate?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
So....
I've decided to bite the bullet and get another G-Major 2. I've been on the fence about this for years unfortunately.
I simply hate all of the tap dancing that I have to do to get a great clean tone, then lead tone with delay, then clean with chorus, then lead tone with delay chorus and boost!

I play & sing in a 3 piece band, so all of my mistakes stand out like you wouldn't believe!

So...I've narrowed it down to a G Major 2 and a midi pedal.
I cannot afford the Ground Control Pro, but that is the pedal I want and will end up with eventually.
I am thinking about the Midi Mate because it's $200 cheaper than the GCP. Then, I can use it as a backup if the GCP ever fails.

Anybody here use one?

As for other pedals, here are my problems:
1. I need preset selection and individual selection of parameters inside the preset on the same pedal.
2. I'm broke, so I'm pretty much stuck with American Musical's payment program.
3. I live on a tiny island and there is no place to get one locally, or even try one out!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Haven't used one except in the store, but keep your eyes open for a cheap used Digitech PMC-10 (discontinued). This has a full alphanumeric display and can send multiple MIDI PC messages on different MIDI channels so you can control several pieces of rack gear independently with one push of a button. Not sure, but the Midimate probably can do this as well.

One advantage of the Midimate is that it is relatively compact. For either you will need one or two continuous controller pedals too such as the Boss EV-10 or EV-5.

Good hunting!

I have a Midi Mate that I use for rehearsing to save taking the Ground Control....it works fine as long as you're not trying to control different units at the same time on different channels, you'll be happy with it.

Latest posts

Back