Roadsters at a dealer near you?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm getting pretty sick of not having a Roadster and I think my only option is to buy it from an out of state dealer that will be able to ship it to me. I'm not ordering it, because I really cant wait anymore (my marshall is about to die) and I dont want to buy used. I know people here have gotten Mesa's, Roadsters specifically, shipped to them from an out of state dealer but when I called one in NJ they told me I would have to come pick it up because if Mesa found out that they shipped it, I would lose the warranty :? . Any help ASAP would be GREAT appreciated. Thanks

I suggest you do this:

Look at the Mesa dealers list and pick the closest states near yours.

Call every single Mesa dealer and ask them if they have a Roadster and if they can ship it.

Some stores really don't care and they will ship it.

Take it back? How?

Roadster weighs 70 lbs
+
3/8 ply ATA case 39 lbs

=

109 lbs

That is over the excess baggage limit (70 lbs = $25)
Normal limit = 50 lbs

The only way is to ship it by UPS.

I tried to do that with a head and the Airline did not let me check in a 109 lbs ATA case. They said no way. Not even paying them more.

I was in your same shoes. I ended up called dealers as far as two states away until I found one. Bought it over the phone and they shipped it to me. It cost me an extra $80. Of course the next day one was posted on e-bay and I could have saved a couple hundred bucks but oh well, I'm not looking back now. I love my roadster!

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna call all the Boogie dealers in New York and see what I can get, if not...I guess I'll try New Jersey...etc. Lol. Keep the ideas coming if possible.

If you order your Roadster through a Guitar Center you can take home a different amp for 30 days while you wait. I've been waiting since 2/2, and in the meantime I've had a Stiletto Ace, and now a Recto-Verb combo. The guy's in the band think I'm nuts, but it's not stopping us from working.

What is the big rush anyways? The extra money for shipping could be spent better IMHO (can someone say "Power Tubes"!?).

Just my 0.02

Dom

Yea its cool that GC lets you do that, but I'd rather just have my amp and get it over with. Plus I really dont want to be liable for all those other amps. AND, I dont care if the amp is hand built for ME...as long as its hand built and hasnt been played by anyone else...whats the difference? Lol. I understand what your saying though.

Yea the wait gets to me too, just don't let it consume you LOL!

I owned a 3 channel Triple Recto for almost 5 years (no choice but to sell - long story) and nothing has compared since. I tried Carvin, Marshall & Peavey, nice amps, but no Recto that's for sure.

I had always thought that if the Triple Recto had built in reverb it may have been "THE" amp for me. The Recto-Verb sure is a nice amp, but 2 channels and no 5U4's would not work for me and the RK was way out of sight $-wise. I used all 3 channels in the Triple and wished it had 1 more channel.

When I first saw the Roadster I almost fell out of my chair, literally. Reverb, 4 channels, Recto Tracking, well you know the options! And all for under 2K (US).

Man I can not wait to wail on this baby, and I totally understand the "hand built and hasnt been played by anyone else" you mention. This will be MY amp, one that I am sure I'll enjoy for my lifetime.

But boy the wait is killing me.

Dom

I saw a Roadster head at this GC:

Guitar Center Cleveland
26635 Brookpark Road Extension
North Olmsted, Ohio 44070

Phone: 440-777-7900
Fax: 440-777-2859

HTH

AsIAm666 said:
Yea its cool that GC lets you do that, but I'd rather just have my amp and get it over with. Plus I really dont want to be liable for all those other amps. AND, I dont care if the amp is hand built for ME...as long as its hand built and hasnt been played by anyone else...whats the difference? Lol. I understand what your saying though.

What's the big deal about it being played by anyone else? If stores have a Roadster it's probably the only one and it's on the floor for people to try. If you want to be the only one who has played it, better order one.

barneyc4 said:
Take it back? How?

Roadster weighs 70 lbs
+
3/8 ply ATA case 39 lbs

=

109 lbs

That is over the excess baggage limit (70 lbs = $25)
Normal limit = 50 lbs

The only way is to ship it by UPS.

I tried to do that with a head and the Airline did not let me check in a 109 lbs ATA case. They said no way. Not even paying them more.

The Roadster alone weighs more than 70lbs...................more like 94lbs. Combo that is............That's why I got a head.

What's the big deal about it being played by anyone else? If stores have a Roadster it's probably the only one and it's on the floor for people to try. If you want to be the only one who has played it, better order one.
The only big deal with that is that any idiot could walk in and completely f%ck with the amp, and if I'm paying $2000 I want something that hasnt been messed with.

I called most of the New York dealers and none of them have anything :? . I tried NJ too but by the time I got to that most of them were closed. So I guess its gonna wait til monday. :cry:

Back